Skip to content
Netgear EX6150 setup
Extend your existing WiFi range to every corner of your home with Netgear EX6150 setup. Netgear EX6150 AC1200 WiFi range extender boosts your existing network range and delivers the continuous WiFi speed up to 1200Mbps (Megabits per Second). It works easily with any standard WiFi router and is ideal for very large homes and frustration free HD video streaming and online gaming.
Netgear EX6150 Manual: When you invest on a brand new Netgear EX6150 AC1200 range extender, you receive a manual in it. The Netgear EX6150 WiFi extender manual consists of a series of Netgear EX6150 installation steps from starting to ending. You simply have to follow the Netgear EX6150 setup instructions given on the manual to make your EX6150 extender working. But hold on! Understanding the Netgear EX6150 extender manual can be difficult for a beginner. To install Netgear EX6150 WiFi range extender without any problems, chat with our professionals now.
Netgear AC1200| EX6150 Setup
Using the WPS button
- First of all, make sure that your Netgear EX6150 AC1200 extender is properly plugged into a wall outlet.
- Locate the WPS button on your Netgear EX6150.
- Press and hold the WPS button on your extender for 20-25 seconds. The WPS LED on your Netgear EX6150 will blink.
- Within one minute, push the WPS button on your existing WiFi router. The WPS LED on your Netgear AC1200 extender will turn solid green and the 2.4 GHz (Gigahertz) Link Rate LED will light up.
Note: If your existing WiFi router supports the 5 GHz (Gigahertz) band, simply repeat steps 1 and 2 and connect your Netgear EX6150 extender to the 5 GHz (Gigahertz) band.
Netgear EX6150 Setup Using Netgear Installation Assistant
To set up your Netgear EX6150 extender using Netgear installation assistant:
- Plug your Netgear EX6150 range extender into an electrical outlet.
- Wait for a couple of minutes for the Power LED on your Netgear EX6150 AC1200 extender to become solid green.
- Connect your computer or laptop to your Netgear EX6150 extender. Once the connection with your WiFi-enabled device is successfully established, the Client Link LED will blink.
- Launch an internet browser on your connected device.
- Enter www.mywifiext.net or 192.168.1.250 in the browser's address bar field.
- New Extender Setup page will display.
- Carefully complete the fields on the extender setup screen and click on NEXT.
- Select the WiFi range extender button and click on Continue.
- Select your existing WiFi router's network to extend and click on NEXT.
- Type your network password in the password field click on NEXT.
- Set the SSID (network name) and password for your Netgear EX6150 extender and click on NEXT.
- Connect your WiFi-enabled devices to your Netgear WiFi range extender and click on CONTINUE.
- Now, a message will display confirming that your Netgear AC1200 EX6150 extender is connected and ready.
- Click on NEXT.
- Complete the registration fields and click on FINISH to complete the Netgear EX6150 setup process.
Unplug your Netgear EX6150 AC1200 WiFi range extender and move it to a new location. But the location you choose must be within the range of your existing router.
Netgear EX6150 AC1200 Setup
Enable FastLane Technology
The FastLane technology offers you the maximum WiFi performance. Additionally, it provides high-speed of the internet with a dedicated band connecting your Netgear EX6150 extender and your WiFi-enabled device, and a second band connecting your range extender and your WiFi router. Follow the steps below to enable the Fastlane technology on your Netgear EX6150 AC1200 WiFi range extender.
- Open a web browser on a computer or laptop and type www.mywifiext.net into its address bar field.
- Enter the username and password. If you have not personalized your login details yet, make use of the default login credentials.
- Click on the FastLane Technology radio button.
Now, you will get two options. You have to select any one of the following:
- Device-to-extender in 5GHz (Gigahertz) only and extender-to-router in 2.4GHz (Gigahertz) only.
- Your networking devices must support the 5 GHz (Gigahertz) band.
At last, click on Apply to save the settings.
If you got stuck at any step while enabling the Fastlane technology then feel free to chat with our professionals now.
Netgear EX6150 AC1200 Extender Firmware
Does your Netgear EX6150 WiFi extender start acting weirdly? Is your Netgear extender not providing the required speed even after a successful Netgear EX6150 setup? If yes, then update Netgear EX6150 extender firmware right away. Here's how to update Netgear extender's firmware.
To update the firmware on your Netgear EX6150 WiFi Range Extender:
- Plug your Netgear EX6150 AC1200 WiFi range extender into a working wall socket.
- Load up a web browser on a desktop or laptop.
- Type mywifiext.net into the browser's address bar.
- A Netgear EX6150 extender login page will display.
- Click on the Menu icon > Settings > Firmware Update.
- If the new firmware is available, follow the on-screen instructions and update Netgear EX6150 AC1200 extender's firmware.
Netgear AC1200 EX6150 Extender
Common setup issues
- Cannot access the mywifiext.net and Netgear extender login page.
- Mywifiext.net and mywifiext.local not working.
- Invalid login details.
- Can't access Netgear Genie setup page.
- EX6150 extender connected but no internet.
- Router cannot connect to Netgear EX6150 AC1200 extender.
- Errors while accessing Netgear extender's default IP address i.e. 192.168.1.250.
- Netgear Genie continues to appear even after Netgear AC1200 setup.
LED lights are not stable on Netgear extender.
- Unable to update Netgear extender's firmware.
- Cannot find the SSID and password of Netgear EX6150.
- EX6150 range extender not working.
- Unable to reset Netgear WiFi extender.
- Invalid IP.
Netgear AC1200 Extender Troubleshooting Steps
Go through a few troubleshooting steps given below to fix NetgearEX6150AC1200 extender setup issues.
- Your Netgear EX6150 WiFi extender should be properly plugged in to a active and damaged-free wall socket.
- Place your Netgear EX6150 extender in reach of your WiFi router
- Connect your router and your Netgear EX6150 extender via Ethernet cable. Do not use damaged Ethernet cables.
- Enter mywifiext.net correctly into the address bar field of the internet browser.
- Use the latest version of the internet browser to access mywifiext.net login page.
- Change the default login after the Netgear EX6150 extender setup process.
- Create a unique SSID (network name) of 8 characters and a strong password of about 15-16 characters.
- Avoid placing your Netgear EX6150 WiFi range extender near thick wall, microwave oven, juicer, mixer grinder, treadmill, cordless phone, Bluetooth speaker, electronic toy, metal appliance, aluminum stud, security alarm, etc.
- Periodically update Netgear EX6150 extender firmware.
In case the above-mentioned tips do not resolve the issue, then please chat with our professionals now.
Disclaimer:- The mywifiext.cc is an autonomous online solution, support and assistance provider for various issues with third-party networking gadgets. apart from this, any third-party trademarks, brands and products names used on our site is just for informational and referential purpose and we hereby disclaim any sponsorship or affiliation with any such third-party vendors. We are third-party independent online support service provider whose services are provided only on demand/request by users or customers.