Skip to content
Netgear EX6120 Setup
Boost your existing network range with Netgear EX6120 setup. This Netgear EX6120 delivers AC dual-band WiFi up to 1200 Mbps and works with any standard WiFi router. It is ideal for HD video streaming and gaming. EX6120 comes with a manual that makes Netgear extender setup process easy.
Netgear EX6120 Manual: When you buy a brand new Netgear EX6120 (AC1200) extender, you get a manual in the package. This Netgear EX6120 manual contains a series of configuration steps from starting to the end. You just have to walk through Netgear EX6120 extender installation and make your range extender working within a few minutes.
However, understanding these configuration and setup instructions is very difficult for those users who are not a tech-savvy. The best way to set up your Netgear EX6120 WiFi range extender without any hassle is to call our technical experts at toll-free number .
Netgear EX6120 AC1200 Extender Setup
Using WPS Method
The EX6120 WiFi range extender has a WPS feature that easily connects to devices that are WPS compatible. Here, we will provide step-by-step instructions on how to install your Netgear EX6120 WiFi range extender using the WPS button.
To install your Netgear EX6120 extender using WPS:
- Plug in your Netgear EX6120 extender to a power outlet and wait for a few minutes for the power LED to become solid green.
- Locate the WPS button on your Netgear WiFi range extender.
- Press and hold the WPS button for 5 seconds. The WPS LED should blink.
- Within a few minutes, push the WPS button on your main WiFi router.
- If your main router is dual-band, repeat the 3rd and the 4th step to extend the 5GHz (Gigahertz) band.
- Once your Netgear EX6120 extender is connected to your main wireless router, the WPS LED on your EX6120 will illuminate solid green and the router Link LED will turn on.
Congrats! You can now connect your WiFi-enabled devices to your Netgear EX6120 AC1200 extender WiFi network and enjoy the uninterrupted internet speed all over your house.
Netgear EX6120 Extender Setup | AC1200
How to install Netgear EX6120 as an access point mode?
To install your extender as an access point:
- Plug your Netgear EX6120 extender into a power outlet and wait a few seconds for the power LED on your extender to become solid green.
- Grab an Ethernet cable and connect it to the Ethernet port of your Netgear WiFi range extender. After that, connect another end to the Ethernet port of your main router.
- Turn on your computer or laptop and open a web browser in it.
- Type www.mywifiext.net into the browser's address bar.
- Click on NEW EXTENDER SETUP button.
- Complete the fields on the Extender Setup screen and click on NEXT.
- Click on the ACCESS POINT button.
Fab! Your Netgear EX6120 WiFi extender is configured as an access point mode.
- You can click on Next to proceed with the registration process
- At last, click on Finish to complete the Netgear new extender setup process.
Netgear AC1200 EX6120 Setup
To install your Netgear EX6120 WiFi extender using browser setup:
- Plug your Netgear WiFi extender into a power outlet.
- Wait for the power LED on your extender to become solid green.
- Connect your computer or laptop to the Netgear extender WiFi network.
- Once your device is connected to the Netgear extender WiFi network, the Device LED will turn on.
- Open any preferred internet browser of your choice and type mywifiext.net or 192.168.1.250 into its address bar.
- New extender setup page will display.
- Click on WIFI RANGE EXTENDER button.
- Select a WiFi network whose range you would like to extend. Once done, click on NEXT.
- Enter the network key into the password field then click on NEXT.
- Type your preferred network name (SSID) and security settings and click on NEXT.
- Connect your WiFi-enabled devices to your Netgear EX6120 WiFi extender and click on Continue.
Your Netgear EX6120 setup is successfully completed using the web browser method.
- Click on Next and proceed with the registration process.
- Once the registration process gets completed, click on Finish to complete your new EX6120 extender setup process.
Netgear EX6120 | AC1200 Setup
Common setup issues
- Mywifiext.net not working.
- Incorrect username and password.
- Netgear EX6120 extender connected but no internet.
- Cannot connect to mywifiext.net and mywifiext.local.
- Netgear Genie setup wizard doesn't open.
- Issues while accessing the Netgear EX6120 default IP address (192.168.1.250).
- Lost installation CD.
- WiFi not connecting issues.
- Netgear Genie continues to appear even after Netgear extender setup.
- Forgot Netgear extender's login credentials.
- LEDs on Netgear EX6120 are not stable.
- Mywifiext.net doesn't open.
- Can't access Netgear EX6120 login page.
- Unable to update Netgear extender's firmware.
- Can't access the login page after the firmware update process.
- MAC address filtering errors.
- Can't find the SSID of Netgear EX6120 extender.
- Netgear EX6120 red light issues.
- Unable to perform Netgear extender reset process.
Netgear EX6120 AC1200 Setup
Go through the easy troubleshooting steps given below to fix Netgear EX6120 setup issues:
- Make sure that your extender's power light is on.
- Also, ensure that your Netgear EX6120 is properly plugged into a wall outlet.
- Do not use damaged or dusty Ethernet cables while connecting your range extender to your existing WiFi router or other WiFi-enabled devices.
- Place your range extender near to your WiFi router and away from thick walls, metal appliances, electronic gadgets, battery toys, cordless phones, Bluetooth speakers, baby monitors, etc.
- To fix mywifiext.net not working issues, be certain that you have entered the URL correctly into the address bar instead of the search bar.
- Power-cycle your Netgear EX6120 WiFi range extender once.
- Use the latest version of internet browser while accessing mywifiext.
- Reset your Netgear WiFi range extender back to the default values.
In case, the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps didn't resolve your issue then don't panic. Just give us a call on our toll-free number and fix Netgear EX6120 extender setup issues instantly.
Netgear EX6120 Extender Firmware Update
To update the firmware on your Netgear EX6120 WiFi range extender:
- Plug your Netgear EX6120 WiFi range extender into an damage-free wall outlet.
- Open a web browser on a computer or laptop.
- Enter mywifiext.com into the browser's address bar.
- Netgear extender login page will appear.
- Click on the menu icon.
- The Netgear EX6120 extender menu displays.
- Select Settings > Firmware Update.
- Click on Check Online or Check.
If the new firmware version is available for your Netgear WiFi range extender, simply follow the on-screen prompts to update the firmware.
Congratulations! Your Netgear extender firmware is successfully updated. In case of any difficulty, feel free to contact our technical experts at toll-free number .
Disclaimer:- The mywifiext.cc is an autonomous online solution, support and assistance provider for various issues with third-party networking gadgets. apart from this, any third-party trademarks, brands and products names used on our site is just for informational and referential purpose and we hereby disclaim any sponsorship or affiliation with any such third-party vendors.