Tips and Tricks to Fix Netgear Extender Red Light Issue
My Netgear WiFi range extender doesn't stop blinking red. I tried rebooting my WiFi device, but it went in vain. Is there anything that I can do to fix the issue?
Well, if you're facing the same issue and looking for a way to resolve the Netgear extender red light issue, then you've landed on the right page. Here, we've discussed some of the most common reasons why your extender is blinking red along with the ways to troubleshoot the issue. So, read on.
Why Are You Facing Netgear Extender Red Light Issue?
There can a number of factors that might lead you to the blinking of red light on your extender. Let's walk through some of them:
- Outdated or corrupted firmware
- Loose cable connections
- Extender hasn't been configured properly
- The Ethernet cable you're using is damaged
- Placement of your extender is incorrect
- You've performed an incomplete Netgear extender setup
- Lost internet connection
- Power outage
- The connection between your WiFi devices isn't stable
- There's something wrong with the hardware of your extender itself
So, now that you are familiar with the reasons behind the Netgear extender red light issue, let's take a glance at the steps to resolve it.
Here's How to Fix the Netgear Extender Red Light Issue:
Basic Troubleshooting Steps
- If your extender isn't placed at its ideal location, then you are bound to face the red light issue. Thus, make sure that you've placed your device at the right location.
- Your Netgear extender should be placed far away from devices like washing machines, baby monitors, cordless phones, Bluetooth speakers, etc. Why? Well, because such devices are known to create interference with the WiFi signals of the extender.
- Verify that the wall socket your Netgear range extender is plugged into is free of damages. Also, ensure that your device is getting enough power supply from the wall outlet. In case the wall outlet is damaged, get it fixed.
- Sometimes, an outdated firmware can also lead to different sorts of technical issues. Chances are that your extender is blinking red because of an outdated firmware. Therefore, waste no time in updating the firmware of your device. In case you are wondering how to do that, simply access mywifiext, go to Settings > Administration, and click on the Firmware Update button.
Advanced Troubleshooting Steps
Did none of the aforementioned steps help you fix the Netgear extender red light issue? If not, then you should take the help of the advanced troubleshooting steps mentioned below:
1. Enable FastLane Technology
The Netgear extender red light issue not just leads to connectivity issues but also affects the overall performance of your device. Want to prevent the performance of your extender from degrading?If yes, then it is recommended that you enable FastLane Technology. Here's how to do that:
- Switch on your PC and log into your extender using mywifiext login details.
- Go to Advanced Panel > Operating Mode.
- Click on the 'Enable Fastlane Technology' option.
- Once done, click on the Save button.
- In a matter of few seconds, your changes will get saved.
What happened? Enabling FastLane Technology still didn't resolve the Netgear extender red light issue? Looks like you are left with no other option than to restore your device to its factory default mode.
2. Reset the Netgear Extender
Follow the instructions mentioned below to reset your Netgear WiFi range extender:
- Connect your PC to the internet and access mywifiext.net.
- Go to Settings > Administration > Erase > Restore to Factory Default Settings.
After resetting your device, check whether the Netgear extender red light issue has been fixed or not. If not, then it is recommended that you waste no more time to get in touch with our highly experienced technical experts.