Is your Netgear extender’s red light issue has become a headache for you? If so, you are not alone who is experiencing the problem. According to many reports from Netgear extender users on various platforms, it has now become viral that users are facing red light issue with their extenders. However, when it comes to fixing the problem, a few troubleshooting tips are working well. If you want to fix the Netgear extender red light issue in an instant, walk through the fixes gives in the write-up below and make your device up and running. Continue reading!
Before we explain the troubleshooting tips, let’s first shed light on the most possible reasons causing the red light issue on a Netgear WiFi range extender.
All these are the possible reasons bothering you by the Netgear extender red light issue. Let’s move ahead and give you the solution to get rid of the problem.
Let’s give you round-up of fixes you can use to troubleshoot the Netgear extender red light issue.
1. Check Connections: Make sure there are no loose and faulty connections between your router and extender. If you have connected both the devices with the help of a wireless connection, then consider connecting them using an Ethernet cable. At times, wireless connections are not able to give you the desired results.
2. Change Location: Changing the location of your extender can also fix the red light issue on your Netgear extender. No matter whether you have done www mywifiext net N300 setup or for any other model, if your extender is not in the range of your router, it will come up with red light error. Besides, ensure that your extender is not getting any interference from other devices. To make you understand, things like Bluetooth speakers, microwave ovens, refrigerators, fish tanks, cellular phones, baby monitors, aluminum studs, and other WiFi devices can interrupt the signals of your extender. Therefore, you are advised to keep all such devices at bay while locating your extender as well as router.
3. Update Firmware: Another hack you can try to fix the red light issue is to update the firmware of both your extender and router to the most recent version. This perhaps fixes the issue for you. For updating the firmware, you can log in to your devices and see if there is any firmware update available for you to download.
4. Power Cycle Your Extender: At times, due to a minor glitch in the device, you may get into the trouble of the extender showing red light issue. For fixing this, power cycle your extender by unplugging it from its power socket. After a few seconds, power up the device again and see if the issue has been resolved for you or not.
5. Reset Your Extender: Lastly, if none of the above tips helped you fix the red light issue, consider resetting the device to default settings. Perhaps, your extender is not configured in an accurate manner, resulting in the extender not working problem. Once you complete the reset process, set up the device again by accessing mywifiext.net web address.
This is how you can do away with the Netgear extender red light issue. Still can’t? Worry not! Our experts can help! Simply contact our team of seasoned professionals and let them handle the situation for you.