How to Reconnect Netgear Extender to Home WiFi Network?
There are times when users need to reset their extender to default settings. It can be due to the forgotten password or the inefficient working of the device. Whatever the reason is that forced you to take your Netgear extender back to its default settings, you need to reconfigure the device to make it working. And for that, it is a must to reconnect Netgear extender to home network. Unfortunately, some users get stuck here! This write-up is to assist users who want to know how to reconnect a Netgear WiFi range extender to the home WiFi network with ease. Let's get started!
Steps to Reconnect Netgear Extender to WiFi Router
You can establish a connection between your extender and router either using an Ethernet cable or wirelessly. Although both the methods will work for you, there are certain points to bear in mind to get success. Here they are:
- Make sure both your extender and router are getting the proper power supply and the power LED on both the devices lit green.
- Keep the devices far from things that can create WiFi interference such as Bluetooth speakers, baby monitors, refrigerators, microwave ovens, fish tanks, metal appliances, aluminum studs, etc.
Now let's commence the process of reconnecting a Netgear extender to the home WiFi network.
Reconnect Your Netgear Extender to Home Network Using an Ethernet Cable
- Connect your Netgear extender to the router with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Once done, turn on the device and check if all the lights on it lit green.
- Now, open an internet browser on your computer and type mywifiext in the URL field.
- The moment you press the Enter key after filling in the web address in the desired field, you will land on the login page of your extender.
- Reaching here, fill in your login details in the username and password fields.
- Select the Log In option and you will access the Netgear extender setup wizard.
- Now, navigate to the settings of your device, and under the Security option check for the details of your password.
- If you find that there is no password filled, enter the password manually. Or, if the password is already filled, make sure it is correct.
- Click Apply and your extender will reconnect to your home WiFi network.
Reconnect Your Netgear Extender to Home Network Wirelessly
You can also reconnect your extender to the router using the wireless connection. Here's how to do it.
- Open a web browser and access default IP 192.168.1.250.
- Before that make sure your router and extender are connected to each other. For that, check the settings of your router and check if it is showing connected to Netgear_ext.
- Once you reach the login page, enter the admin details and press Log In.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and reconnect your extender to your home router.
This is how you can complete the process of reconnecting your extender to the home network.
Here's to hope that the tips given in the post will help you reconnect your Netgear extender to the home WiFi network. If you find the task of reconnecting both the devices a bit cumbersome, seek assistance from our experts and let them help you connect both your devices in a hassle-free manner.
Disclaimer:- The mywifiext.cc is an autonomous online solution, support and assistance provider for various issues with third-party networking gadgets. apart from this, any third-party trademarks, brands and products names used on our site is just for informational and referential purpose and we hereby disclaim any sponsorship or affiliation with any such third-party vendors. We are third-party independent online support service provider whose services are provided only on demand/request by users or customers.